Youth Minister/Pastor – Job description
PRINCIPLE FUNCTION: The primary function of the Minister to Youth is to disciple youth into a transforming relationship with Christ by modeling Christian character and developing ministry programs that help cultivate spiritual growth, which will also impact their physical, emotional, social and psychological developments. The Minister to Youth is responsible for developing and supervising a comprehensive youth ministry . This includes planning, implementing, overseeing, and evaluating the programs of the youth ministry as it relates to the mission and the goal of New Life Romanian Church (NLRC), Phoenix AZ.
REPORTS TO: The Minister to Youth is responsible to the church and reports to the ministry team (CP), whose member is
1. Work with church ministry leaders and staff in planning, conducting, and evaluating ministry
2. Prayerfully select and train a core team of adults to ensure they are equipped socially and spiritually to serve in equipping youth
3. Develop youth leadership teams that model the adult leadership infrastructure within the larger church (small groups)
4. Provide guidance and counseling to church youth and parents as needed, to ensure academic, spiritual, emotional, social, and physical wellness
5. Provide insightful, creative and relevant Biblical instruction to youth, through teaching and preaching, that creates a zeal for God’s Word and enables practical application to their daily lives
6. Coordinate and oversee worship and youth participation on church services, and preach as called upon by the ministry team (CP)
8. Plan and Oversee opportunities for youth to participate in evangelism, service, and fellowship
9. Plan and Oversee ministry programs that help to establish a relationship with families and youth in our community that do not have a church home
10. Serve as a liaison between New Life Romanian Church and the schools attended by youth in our church
11. Develop a Spirit-led vision to grow youth ministry that concurs with the vision for the entire church
12. Work with other ministry leaders to establish programs that foster intergenerational dialogue and fellowship that promotes mutual trust and collaboration
13. Develop programs to train youth in the area of financial stewardship
14. Prepare an annual budget for youth ministry needs and administer the approved budget according to church policy
15. Attends staff meetings and participates in the staff visitation program.
16. Performs other duties as assigned by the ministry team (CP)
17. Become a member of New Life Romanian Church.
1. Spiritually – Must have a strong prayer and devotional life. Must possess and passionately convey a vocational calling to youth ministry in local church setting. Must be an ordained minister. If not, to have the call from God to be a minister of the Gospel and be ready to be ordained by NLRC in the near future.
2. Ethically – Must strive to live with integrity to God’s Word and as a godly example before the entire congregation.
3. Organizationally – Must have a cooperative spirit that ensures a collegial relationship with all church staff and leadership. Work to maintain unity within the church. Must possess strong administrative skills to lead a structured youth department.
4. Family – Must be married and have a godly, exemplary family life.
5. Educationally – M.Div or undergraduate degree in related field from an accredited academic institution is preferred. The youth minister is fluent in Romanian and English languages. Consideration will also be given to candidates with equivalent experience. The youth minister is expected to improve personal and professional skills through continued training.
This is a full-time ministry position. Hours worked shall vary from week to week according to activities.
Competitive Salary + Benefits
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and 2 recent sermons (DVD, CD, or URL to full sermons that are online) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone inquiries will be accepted.